These M&M cookies are absolutely delicious. This recipe, otherwise known as Robbi’s M&M cookies has been serving me well throughout the years. They were big hits at my Pelotonia bake sale, and out of all the cookies I made for that, these had the best tasting dough in my opinion. So I thought I would share them on here!
Recently I have also tried making my cookies without using any kind of electric mixer, and I have found that I prefer the “old fashioned way”. I don’t think it makes a difference in taste so it’s up to you on how you want to mix the dough.
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups M&Ms
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugars, shortening, eggs, and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture until well combined. Stir in M&Ms throughout.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Place 2 inch balls of dough about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet
5. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a rack to cool.
Hope you enjoy! Here is a picture!