These M&M cookies are absolutely delicious. This recipe, otherwise known as Robbi’s M&M cookies has been serving me well throughout the years. They were big hits at my Pelotonia bake sale, and out of all the cookies I made for that, these had the best tasting dough in my opinion. So I thought I would share them on here!
Recently I have also tried making my cookies without using any kind of electric mixer, and I have found that I prefer the “old fashioned way”. I don’t think it makes a difference in taste so it’s up to you on how you want to mix the dough.
2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup shortening
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups M&Ms
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking soda. set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugars, shortening, eggs, and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture until well combined. Stir in M&Ms throughout.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Place 2 inch balls of dough about 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet
5. Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a rack to cool.
Hope you enjoy! Here is a picture!
This cookie recipe was another major success at my bakesale for Pelotonia back in June. It’s a cookie that truly lives up to its name, as it has almost everything in it.
1 1/2 cups creamy or chunky peanut butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated white sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup M&M’s plain chocolate candies
I also added butterscotch chips which created a great flavor!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray, or line with parchment paper or a silpat mats.
2. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter with the sugars and butter. Use an electric mixer to mix until well combined. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the oats and baking soda. Then stir in the chips and M&M’s.
3. Drop the cookies by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. If you’d like your cookies to look pretty (like the photo), dot a few extra M&M’s and chocolate chips on each mound of dough before baking.
4. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets until cookies are set. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
These cookies tend to go from not being done to burned so be sure to keep a close eye on them while they are in the oven! Hope you enjoy baking!