Hi! I know it has been ages since posting anything. Being in college and living in a dorm room does not make trying out new cookie recipes very easy. However, over winter break, I did try out a couple new recipes, all of which were extremely successful, and I thought I would finally take the time to share one with you. This one is Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies. Everyone I know pretty much loves Nutella, and let me tell you, the cookies definitely live up to the name. Here is the recipe and the directions:
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 8 T. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup nutella
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside
- cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, mix in Nutella and vanilla extract. Mix in egg. Add flour mixture until well blended. Add chocolate chips
- refrigerate dough for about an hour
- drop 1 tablespoon of dough on to a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. bake at 350 for about 11 minutes. cool for 5 minutes.
I myself am not a huge Nutella fan but these were delicious. Also, if you freeze them after they are made, the Nutella flavor will be stronger!