So I know I have not posted anything on here since July, but I thought I would post this recipe for Ginger Snap cookies. They were so delicious. Plus, I got to make them with my friends which was super awesome! I hope you all enjoy it!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- Combine brown sugar, shortening, molasses, and egg
- mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Mix spices into flour so they don’t clump in the liquid.
- Cover refrigerate for about an hour. This is not necessary if the egg is cold enough!
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Shape dough into balls and place about 3 inches a part on a lightly greased cookie sheet
- Bake about 9 1/2 minutes, let cool for 3 minutes before transferring to rack.
We also melted white chocolate chips and dipped the cookies into it. It really added a nice touch to them. This is a great recipe for fall and winter. I hope you all enjoy it!