Happy Memorial Day Everybody!
I hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend. Today I had fun trying my third cookie recipe! These cookies are called Cereal Killer Cookies. I’m a huge fan of cereal. These cookies turned out pretty well and they are also very colorful!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of cereal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper (I did not have any parchment paper so I just sprayed the sheets with non stick spray and it turned out fine!)
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside
- Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, add egg and vanilla and beat well in a large bowl
- add the flour mixture to the sugar and butter mixture and mix until blended. Stir in the cereal
- Place rounded mounds of dough on to cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden
- transfer to a rack to cool
The cereal I used was Trix. They turned out really well! I was also proud of myself because I managed to have enough dough for 23 cookies and the recipe makes 24. Also the cereal smelled really nice while in the oven. Enjoy the holiday everybody!